These are some of the things I’d like to have achieved by the end of 2010. Most of these are material items, but some are also potential social tools rather than silly status symbols.
This list has some in-order, and then misc “Whenever money is available” items.
- Get a job. Definitely, number one priority.
- Purchase a second car for us, very close second. This will allow us to be independent in terms of transport, at least after number 3 has been achieved.
- The Subaru needs to be inspected by a mechanic, probably by the Subaru dealer, and investigate several small faults and see if there are any major or minor problems that will need to be worked on, determining whether we need to have the car repaired or whether we replace it.
- Pay off some of our higher-interest loans and the outstanding credit card, and pay down some of the other larger loans. I plan on using the credit card as I would my normal debit card (and nothing more!), paying it off every month for around 12 months before canceling, in hopes of improving my credit score.
- Move out!
- Buy an XBox 360 and a Nintendo Wii. I have no interest in a PS3..
- Replace, repurpose and/or otherwise upgrade my computer systems. If possible I’d like to start work on my rack-mounted wishlist.
- At least begin saving for NZ trip, ideally save enough for Christmas 2010, or early-mid 2011.
- Repair/replace my camera. I’d like another 2 cameras – a little point-and-shoot and a DSLR, not expecting both this year.
- Acquire some equipment towards a home studio (small mixer, firewire in, etc..)